Greater Mankato at the Capitol, our region’s largest citizen advocacy event at the State Capitol is taking place on March 30. This is one of the year’s most impactful events, and you don’t want to miss it!
Since Top 10 lists are the latest rage here on the Greater Mankato Growth blog, I present to you the Top 10 Reasons to Attend Greater Mankato at the Capitol:
- You don’t have to be afraid! We won’t stick you in a uncomfortable meeting with a legislator. This event allows you to share your passion for Greater Mankato and your business in a casual, stress-free environment.
- The Legislature is set to consider many important issues to our region like Highway 14 expansion, the Mankato/N. Mankato sales tax extension and numerous key business issues like taxes and transportation funding. If you don’t advocate on these critical issues, who will?
- This year’s Greater Mankato at the Capitol will be held at the new Minnesota Senate Office Building, which is covered in Vetter Limestone, a Mankato business and GMG member.
- Benefit of a new venue: the food is going to be fantastic!
- The Greater Mankato Reception allows you to directly interact with legislators from across the state and share your story of why you live and work in Greater Mankato and get any policy issues you have heard by those that can make a difference.
- Round-trip transportation via coach bus, as well as lunch and hors d’oeuvre reception is provided in your registration fee!
- Governor Dayton has been invited to address attendees at the evening reception.
- Cardboard Jonathan may make an appearance!
- You get the chance to network and interact with the more than 100 other Greater Mankato community leaders that attend Greater Mankato at the Capitol.
- It’s your business, your community, your state and your home – have a say in how they will be affected. Strong participation from the community is absolutely critical to the success of this event, and all of our efforts to raise awareness of Greater Mankato among those making and influencing public policy.