The unemployment program for self-employed individuals, independent contractors, and other eligible recipients who cannot receive regular unemployment benefits is available beginning today according to the Minnesota Department of Employment and Economic Development.
- According to the state, if you already applied for regular unemployment benefits there is nothing more you need to do to qualify and a benefit account will automatically be established for you if you are eligible
- DEED will be in touch with those eligible for the program by the end of April
- Recipients will receive the additional $600 per week federal bump
- Benefits are retroactive to when you first became eligible due to COVID-19
- Expect to receive information about benefits either in the mail, by email, or in your online account
- If you have not applied for benefits click here for further instructions