The City Center Partnership works to promote collaboration and foster investment in the City Center to attract and support the growth of a diverse array of business, customers, visitors and residents to the region. To assist in fulfilling this mission, the City Center Partnership and it’s associated geography (see map below) is a designated Main Street district. The Main Street district designation is part of the City Center Partnership’s national accreditation as a member of the Main Street America program.
The Main Street America program is offering grants to support brick-and-mortar small businesses in designated Main Street districts as they work to adapt to COVID-19 and prepare for the next phases of reopening across the country, while also helping to revitalize and strengthen older and historic commercial corridors. Grants of $5,000 to $10,000 will be awarded on a competitive basis.
In order to be eligible for participation, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- The applicant must be located in an Accredited or Affiliate Main Street America community or UrbanMain commercial corridor. This list is available here.
- The applicant must be a for-profit business. 501c3 and 501c6 entities are not eligible. The applicant must be a business entity in good standing in the state in which it was formed and the state in which it does business.
- The applicant must operate a “brick and mortar” storefront located in an older or historic downtown or neighborhood commercial district.
- The applicant must employ less than 20 full time employees.
- The applicant must be an owner of the business.
- The applicant must be at least age 18 years or older.
Eligible grant expenses include but are not limited to:
- Physical improvements to business space to meet relevant reopening requirements implemented because of COVID-19
- Equipment to comply with public health and safety guidelines (i.e., touchless payment methods, automatic door open sensors, or disposable menus)
- Fees associated with expanding the business to e-commerce sales
- Other professional services, such as business plan modifications
- Rent, payroll, and other operating expenses
Applications will open at 12pm EST/ 11am CST on Thursday, January 21 and continue to be accepted through Thursday, January 28 at 7:59pm EST/ 6:59pm CST. The application and additional information can be found here: https://www.mainstreet.org/howwecanhelp/brother